Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Oysters and Life..



Hello there fellow bloggers!!!!

Today I realized that I have a great life... sure I'm not thin, I'm not rich, I don't have a man, and I don't see kids anywhere in the near future... But I do have  a great life.. 

Shall I explain? 

I go through phases of feeling lonely, feeling like I'm lost in the big crowd in the city where I live. I'm a small town girl, living 2.5 hours away from my family... 2.5 hours away from life that I know.  
But now, I've got an amazing group of friends here. Not only the ones I made in my work fish bowl (as in we're only friends because we were stuck in the fish bowl and they were the ones that offended me the least...) but also friends that I've made in my Weight Watchers fishbowl.. those girls I love so much.. I didn't need to become friends with any of them, it's not like at work where you have to be friendly.. otherwise life gets very hectic and stressful .. but the girls at WW, the select few that I deem "worthy" of my friendship.. they are great! Funny, real women.. 

I'm at a strange age, basically everyone I know is married with kids... which is cool for them, but since I'm so horribly single, it sometimes gets hard. I envy their "happy" marriages, and beautiful families.... and yet they tell me how much they envy my life.. not having to answer to anyone, making plans on the fly, staying out as late as I  want and spending my money on myself... 

As of Friday morning I had NO plans for the weekend at all, by friday at noon I had plans for dinner and a movie that night, Driving to the Toronto Zoo to meet a friend Saturday around Noon, then we went for Supper that night.. yesterday was Lunch with some WW girls, and then a movie with a girlfriend yesterday afternoon, and then hot tubbing and wine drinking with some girlfriends last night.. can a married gal, or mother do all that spur of the moment?? 

I am looking forward to where life is taking me. The world is truly my Oyster.. now it's time to devour it! :)

It's been raining all day, and now just when I have to start getting ready for work it gets nice out! Yikes! Isn't that just the way life goes? 

Have a fantastic evening people!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Yup sounds good. It is true when you are married you can't do all that LOL. Although luckily I do not have children. I'm way to irresponsible and childish for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody wants what's on somebody else's plate at times. You're right; embrace your own life and enjoy the journey as much as possible. I'm sure all those joys (and responsibilities) will be on your plate in the not-too-distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound super postive. Loving it. Everybody thinks the grass is always greener but its not. I think we just want stuff we don't have :D

    love this line...

    I am looking forward to where life is taking me. The world is truly my Oyster.. now it's time to devour it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great attitude. there will be time to play mommie and wifie. i think the real key to happiness is finding what's awesome about where you are at

    ReplyDelete