Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Friday, May 15, 2009

I've Got Chills, They're Multiplying..

So I've been having a hard time with work outs this past week, and finally on Thursday I found out why.. 

I awoke on Thursday morning, couldn't swallow at all, my head was pounding... I had felt a tad under the weather before Thursday, but just believed it was because it was so dry at work. 

When I woke up in such a state I immediately called my doctor. I NEVER go to the Doctor..  only to get my birth control renewed, or for my annual. So they got me in A.S.A.P....  My doctor asked the usual questions, and I responded honestly.. fever ? No.  Sore throat? yes. Ear Ache? Actually yes. So she then went to hear my breathing. I was having a horrible time taking a deep breath.. and she said, "holy cow, you're very hot, you have a terrible fever"... Oopsy! I should have realized  that it was the first time in weeks I wasn't cold. Then she looked in my mouth, she said, you have strep.. then she looked in my ears, and turns out I have a double ear infection too! Also did I mention I was vomiting in the office, so I have a stomach flu too! OH MY GOODNESS!

So needless to say I haven't worked out since Tuesday, I haven't been counting my points, because I have only been eating soup and drinking coffee (who knew coffee was good for ear infections? Thanks Mr. Pharmacist!).. So who knows what the scale is going to reflect tomorrow. 

I emailed my weight watchers leader.... Told her how defeated I felt... she ordered me to realize I am not invincible, and to feel free to ask for help any time I feel weak. I can't always be the strong one for the other girls at weight watchers. I have a horrible time admitting that I need help, that I'm weak, that I've been defeated... Thank God for Nancy.. she's my angel, and because of her I was able to give up this week, and realize it's out of my control. 

I don't know how I'll do tomorrow, but in all honesty I don't care. I know I am a strong woman who will bounce back from this. 

I probably won't be able to post tomorrow, I am headed to the States to spend the Canadian Long Weekend (Victoria Day AKA May 2-4, in celebration of Queen Victoria) at Darien Lake in  New York State.. I hope I can go there and still get better.. we're camping out! Lord help me.. but at least I have the good drugs!

I need to go to bed.. and try to nurse myself back to health before the morning.. Maybe going to work and trying to push through this wasn't a smart idea.. my doctor told me to stay home, but I feel the pressure of the responsibilities I have.. see can't admit defeat!

Take care everyone... I'll post my results soon! 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. feel better! don't worry about your WI, seems like an act of god to me... have fun camping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WILL bounce back. Seriously, man, don't stress over w.i. Life gets in the way (especially with what you have)

    feel better soon missus. have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete