Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Running the Pounds Away!!!

Well, I'm not really a Couch Potato of sorts, but I'm doing the couch to 5K training program. I just started today.. 

It's not hard at all! Week one consists of 3 days of the same work out. 
Brisk walk for 5 minutes.. then alternate 60 seconds of jogging, with 90 seconds of running for a total of 20 minutes. 

I pushed myself past the 20 minutes, deciding to keep up this alternating until I hit 5km's. So I ended up jogging/walking for 45 minutes, 26 seconds.. felt freaking amazing!

If I can do this, anyone can. Go at your own pace, if you find that you can't run for 60 seconds, then start with 30 second intervals!

I never thought I'd be a runner, but I have always wanted to be one, and I'm hoping this program will help me achieve that small dream of mine!

I think I needed to switch up my workouts a bit too. I'm at a Mudder Trucker Plateau right now.. Grrrr Arggg.... and I need to get it to lift NOW! LOL

If anyone else wants to try this program go to .. www.c25k.com It's a great little program. Let me know what you think!

I have to go eat!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing the C25K too! I'm on my second week and having a great time. Glad to see you doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good plan! go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the C25K! I have been following the program with my 12 year old son. I never really considered myself a runner, but with this program, I am making sweet progress. :):) My ass is fitting in my jeans a little better, at least. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You look great!

    ReplyDelete