Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weigh in results...

So to answer the question about what I'm reading.. it's the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm on the last book, and I have to say I've LOVED every minute of the books. Please don't post a comment that will ruin the ending for me, or for someone who may decide to read these books. If you haven't read them, I urge you to! They are fantastic. I have encouraged 8 friends to read them, and they all LOVED them too! If you want to see the movie, I'd say watch it first. If you read the book first , you'll hate the movie... sorry, but it's true.. 

So onto the Weigh In... 
Since I lost 4.2 last week I wasn't expecting to lose anything this week. However I surprised myself by losing 1.4 pounds this week! Yay me!
I have 1.4 pounds to lose to hit 30 pounds! I sooo hope that happens this week! I was very well behaved at my family's Easter dinner. I didn't accept any chocolate, and because the fruit salad I made looked so yummy, the family decided to put the cheesecake I made, in the freezer for Mother's day, and we'd all partake of the delicious fruit salad! My brother even wants to attempt weight watchers, he doesn't want to go to the meetings and pay, but he's willing to try to follow the plan on his own! So that's a start!!

This week my WW leader and I discussed my goal.. I can choose any number between 124 and 155, so I chose 140, right in the middle.. Oh My Goodness... 140 pounds.. I don't know if I can even grasp that number!!! I don't know if I will change my mind and chose 145 or 150 instead.. but for now it's 140..  55.6 more pounds to lose.. it feels like a lifetime of weight to lose.. I'm not scared, just anxious. I don't want to fail.  My damn competitive nature is rearing it's ugly head, but this may in fact be a good thing. 

I don't know how long it's going to take me to get to my new goal.. my old goal was 170.. which I think, is what I'm still going to work towards first.. one step at a time!!!!  One goal at a time. I can't wait to be the me I believe I can be. 

It was crazy being home with my family. They all made many positive comments about the way I look. Even my brother told me how great I look.. which.. well he's a guy.. doesn't happen that often (especially when I'm in sweats and a long sleeve tee!)... They were also all very interested in counting points, my brother and his wife had a blast figuring out how many points their big bag of Eggies was worth.. The only person in my family who has to lose weight is my brother. My sister in law is maybe 110 pounds soaking wet.. but it was soo nice to see her encouraging my bro to try this out. 

Maybe by me getting healthy it's going to help him to do so too!

I'm going to go make some supper, hope you all had a wonderful Easter with family and friends.. 
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the loss. sounds like a great trip home. haven't read the twilight series yet but saw the hbo series based on it. loved it! 140 huh? bet you are glad to put a number on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your loss! -30 is a big accomplishment. I can't wait until I get there.. I don't know what the hell i was thinking last week.. but anyways to answer your question I wear whatever I worked out in. Some ppl wear their swim suit but I'm already soaking wet in sweat so not about to go change to sweat some more. Only rule our gym has is no shoes so I definately keep my socks on or wear flip flops. I don't know how true it is, but I read it's suppose to help with loose skin... I haven't lost enough weight to know but if not, at least it makes me sweat.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete