Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Journey Continues....


I just got home from the Gym, I had a terrific work out, and feel like this week is going to be as successful as I hope it will be!!! Maybe I won't lose 4 pounds, but I'm still gonna lose!

I'm sitting here, watching Dawson's Creek... Do you remember the days when that was on the air? Ahh the will they won't they couple of the century, Dawson & Joey... I always rooted for Pacey though, the classic underdog.. the jokester, the side kick.. the hottie!!!  I always saw myself as Joey and hoped my best friend at the time would one day look at me and see the girl of his dreams.. (That never happened.. the douche bag that he was talked about me behind my back calling me a cow, talking about how poor my family was, and how pathetic I was.. nice huh?? Great best friend.. I sure knew how to pick em!) ... life was soo much simpler back then.. my biggest concern was what I would do on the weekend... However I was well over 300 pounds even back then.. and lived vicariously through my favourite tv shows. I loved the Capeside gang, and the mess they would get into. The over educated conversations they would have, and the horrors that they had to endure (oh no.. my car has a ding, or who will I take to the prom?? LOL).. Watching these old episodes almost transports me back in time.. and now it makes me think of how different my life is now... When I was young my family was very hard up. We could barely make ends meet, now I have a terrific job, and although times are tough with the recent economic crisis, I am soo much better off. Weight wise, well I'm about 150 pounds lighter than I was in highschool, I have better skin, much better fashion sense.. and some fantastic friends.. Life is so freaking great right now.. 

It's amazing how an episode of Dawson's Creek makes me count my blessings!!!!! Makes me remember how wonderful my life is, and how I shouldn't let the small things make me stumble and get discouraged!

I'm back on the road to success, and I hope that you all can have a reminder in your day, something that makes you go "huh... life is soo much better today then when I was friends with that total douche who made me feel horrible about myself.." lol.. 

Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll break into my "Gummy Bears" dvd's and transport myself back to the ripe old age of 8!! LOL

Have a terrific day kids.. 
and all I gots to say is I'm soo glad Pacey got the Girl!!! :)

xoxo
     

1 comment:

  1. Well hun that is exactly the attitude that is going to make you succeed. Well done XXX

    ReplyDelete