Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Monday, February 16, 2009

One Step At A Time...

Okay I am in such better spirits today. I really had to take a step back from everything, and say "what was I thinking?"... 

I am so successful with so many things in my life, but when I try to tackle something that is a little harder, something that may take a little longer to see results, I get so down on myself.  I need to realize that good things take time.. like take my house for example (that's the pic .. my staircase..) I drove by it everyday for 7 months..  and it felt like it took FOREVER... and I'm so glad it took as long as it did.. because I absolutely love it.. it's perfect! My Mum often tells me that things that take a little longer to achieve almost force you to really enjoy and appreciate them! She is soo right. I know I would have loved a house that was already built. But my house is all me. I got to put all my little touches into it. I picked the tile, the countertops, the flooring, the carpet, the layout... So if I put that much effort and patience into my house, well why wouldn't I do the same for myself?? 
So I'm excited again. I'm not going to go into this too ambitious. I know I will have bad weeks. I know I will have obstacles to overcome. I know I will have slip ups. It's not these slip ups that will define me or my weight loss.. it's how I handle them. 
As for now I am planning on making myself up a delicious spinich pasta topped with tofu and turkey.. yum yum!
I hope you all had an enjoyable "Family Day" (if you are in the Canadian Provinces that observe it as a holiday...) or a fantastic "President's day" (If you're an American...)... or just a terrific Monday (to all the rest!)... 
Have a splendid evening.. 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you are feeling better. I have a rather serious and detrimental perfection problem. If I don't do 110% all the time- I have failed... it has gotten worse with age (and so has my weight) and it has really become a problem at school- since I went back this term. Anyway. I am now one of the people who feels like crying over a high B or a low A grade- no good! I vent out the frustration in a few places like a problem with patience, anger and the big one... my weight.

    You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete