Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Very Proud Of Me... Very Proud!!!


I work crazy ass shifts.. I do a day shift of 5:30am until 5pm (most nights, some nights I get out around 4:30pm...) and an afternoon shift of 4:45pm until 4am (some nights I get out as late as 5am....).... this is the norm for 5 days a week.. So when I get home at the end of a shift I usually have a snack. It's usually carbs of some kind. 
Recently they've cut back our overtime, so I actually got off at 2:15 last night, and after chatting with my girlfriend for 30 minutes, got home around 3:15... what did I want to do?? Snack!!! Was I hungry?? NO!!! ... so what did I do??? 

I had to ask myself "Self; Do you want to snack more than you want to succeed?" Umm.. Heck No! "Are you actually Hungry:" ... Umm Heck No! ... so.. I came in the house, put my lunch bag on the kitchen counter, turned out the lights, set the alarm, and went upstairs.. I even shut my bedroom door! Putting myself right to bed was the key! So here I sit almost 8 hours later, and I haven't eaten yet ( I also didn't get nearly enough sleep, but that's another issue...) I'm about to grab some food in about 10 minutes.. and it's going to be food that helps me reach my goal, not something that causes me to stumble! (but oh how I would love french toast with sausages! LOL)... 

Right now I feel freaking great, I have the exact same mindset as I had when I was getting myself gorgeous for my brother's wedding.. I knew those pictures were going to last forever, so I wanted to look unstoppable, so hot that I would make men's hearts melt... and for that one day.. I did! I now want to look like that for more than just the reason that I'm going to be in a picture.. I want to do it .. because I want to be gorgeous in real life! I want to be That Girl, the one that makes a guy look twice, that other girls call pretty.. and actually hate me for it! LOL.. 
Today I have so much freaking motivation that it makes me smile, knowing I have full control of this today! :)

So tonight, when I get home at whatever hour it is, I shall put my lunch bag on the kitchen counter, go upstairs, shower, close my bedroom door... and go to bed!! No More After Work Snacking!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty awesome goal! I have my no snacking after dinner goal and it feels so good when I meet it! Yeah! It gives me tons of motivation to meet a goal. I get all powerful and confident!

    Great post today. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete