Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Victory is Mine, and a Change Of Perspective...


Well Ladies and Gents.. I did it.. I lost another 3 lbs (exactly!)... so I am down 9.4!!!! I am soo excited about that.. 
I do know, however, that if I had stayed true to the Weight Watchers way of life, counting all my points and making sure I got all my guideline nutritional *stuff* in, I would have done better, but alas the week is over, I've weighed in, and there is nothing more I can do for that loss! :) 3 lbs is nothing to get upset over!

I have a good idea of what I'm going to eat this week, so I'm going to do the smart thing and make out my grocery list now, that way I will ONLY get what I NEED for these meals, and no little extras.. it's the extras that really kill me. 

Last night at work I had one of my best  friend's boyfriend (who by the way is a total hottie.. oh my!!! Mother may I? wait he's taken.. sigh.. lol.. ) ask me what I had planned for the weekend.. so I told him, weight watchers in the morning, followed by the gym and then who knows... and here is how the conversation continued 

Him "I've been meaning to ask you something, but I didn't want to when there were other people around.. " 

Me    "What's that?" 

Him  "Why are you trying to lose weight?" 

Me  "Because I'm fat and need to lose some"

Him "You're not fat you're F*&$@g beautiful".. 

Me *Blushing* "thanks.... um... so how about the superbowl... " 

Just that one conversation made me think. So he thinks I look hot.. I'm dating a guy who thinks I look hot, my ex thought I was hot.. maybe weight isn't everything.... maybe it's like my Mum told me, that although it's nice to look good, and be healthy, it really is what is on the inside that counts.. and not just being sweet, but having a wicked personality! LOL
I don't think I'm being overly enlightened, but I think it's important to get back to reality and realize, losing weight isn't everything, it's just part of who I am, it's as important as my career, my hobbies, even my favourite shows, but it doesn't, and can't rule my life.. 
ooh I hope I'm making sense... 
All I know is I feel like I can take on the world.. I'm not nearly as horrid looking as I thought and although I am not happy with the way my body looks, I'm okay with it, because I know I will slowly get it to where I want to be!  And in the mean time there are a couple people who think I'm beautiful, and really, what more could a girl want?? :o)

Good luck to everyone, and I hope you all had a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. It feels pretty good to have someone contradict everything you believe about yourself surrounding your body and weight. It almost seems like you might be able to look at the weight loss instead as pure health- you obviously have a fan club who "love" you just the way you are!

    Who cares if you weren't a perfect WW slave... maybe what you are doing is working for a reason. There is no golden rule that says "Though shall follow one of thee following weight loss programs to a tee..."

    You just keep doing what is working and don't ever beat yourself up for not doing what someone else says you should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the greatest compliment ever!

    Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete