Just A Bit About Me....

My photo
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Well I'm the typical fat girl that everyone has as a friend. I'm funny, Sexy, Smart, and never a threat. I am on a journey to lose weight ( a lot of it!) and become the best Mummy to my son that I can be!... I'm sure there will be several times I stumble and fall, but follow me as I pick myself up, and continue along my way!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Pulling myself out~!


Good Morning fellow bloggers, 

okay well it's not really morning anymore, it's 1:10 pm, and I am just about to eat some all bran and then head off to the gym. 
I woke up today feeling like a mixed bag of emotions, all I wanted to do was stay in bed with my penguin "hugsy"....  but I pulled myself out of bed and called my dad and chatted for 30 minutes, and knew that today happiness was a choice. I thought of all the blessings I have in my life. All my amazing friends, my wonderful family, and even the few people I have gotten to know on here... and all of a sudden I realized that yes, there are things in your life you just can't control, but what is life without the ups and downs?? There is a passage in the bible (No I'm not going to go thumpin on you... not a bible thumper... sorry!) that says "without the sorrows in life, the joys would not exist." How true that is. I think that we go through trials to remind ourselves how blessed we are and so that we can also truly appreciate the good things that happen to us too!

SO this REALLY SHITTY thing happened... I had nothing to do with it, I was just there when it happened, and there is nothing that I could have done then, nor could do now, that would ultimately change the impact of the situation! SOOOOOOO... there is no reason for me to freak out about it, and worry about it.. and me turning back into miss optimism, I cannot wait to continue on the journey that I've started on. I want to so badly lose more weight, and be happy while doing so. 

Again, losing weight isn't what is going to make me happy, but being happy does help me lose weight. I know the times I've been successful are the times when I was truly happy with my life. 
I can't say that I am happy today, I know I am faking some of it, but I know once I get my bumm to the gym, and push myself there I will feel a satisfaction, and will in turn feel proud of myself, and from this I will feel some happiness... 

I know I will be happy soon.. I'm gonna pull through this, my life isn't as bad as it feels at times. In fact my life is amazing, I just need to remember to not let these things get to me, and not be a worrier. This whole weight loss journey isn't just about fixing the outter me.. but the inner me too... You can't lose weight when you have a lot of emotional issues too.... so... This is something I need to fix... Jillian Michaels is always telling her contestants on the Biggest Loser that they need to deal with their inner demons, to lose the weight.. how true that is!!!

So even now.. I'm finishing typing this email, it's 1:18pm, and I feel soo much better already! I'm excited to start my day, and continue on my journey! 
Thanks to everyone and their support!!!
Take care everyone! :)

1 comment: